Banner 4 JPg

Eagle Tavern

Watkinsville GA
Eagle TavernThe Rev. John Andrew Chapter of the National Society Daughters of American Revolution created an index from the Eagle Tavern's Journal.  Located in Watkinsville, Georgia, the Eagle Tavern opened in 1801.  It served as a tavern and stage coach stop between Milledgeville and Athens for over 100 years and later served as a hotel.

The journal lists customers and the items purchase from July 14, 1814 through September 20, 1820.  The original scanned images of the journal are online at the Georgia Archives website.

The index contains the names of customers and the pages on which their names occurred.  This post serves a useful tool for people searching their ancestor's history.  After finding an ancestor and page number reference, the ancestor's purchases can be viewed on the Eagle Tavern Journal on the Georgia Archives website.  


For information about and directions to Eagle Tavern - Click Here.